Saturday, April 27, 2013

Reprieve from a Season of Waiting

For the last several months I've been hearing the word "wait" as the answer to my prayers about my various treatments.

Recently, God opened the door to the Physical Therapy Department in the HSC (Health Sciences Center) and to my new therapist (whom I love), Corrie.  She is absolutely awesome and works hard with me to see progress.  Then, she rejoices with me over my achievements! I don't think I could ask for a better therapist.

This past week, Corrie invited a doctor of Orthopedics to evaluate me at one of my sessions.  They were discussing what kind of braces/electo-therapy to try.  In the end we decided to readjust my current night splints, as well as trying a new brace to help my feet to move correctly while I'm walking.  Plus, we are going to try the FES (Functional Electrical Stimulation) device on a trial basis to see if it works.  We are going to start all of these as trials on Tuesday.  This is advantageous because we will only have to check with my insurance about the ones that work.

Physical Therapy is really all I did this week, other than my awesome dinner date I had with Jessica Taylor. :)   I had a great week and I really felt the hand of God working through my life.

Thank you, Lord, for all you have done for me.  I give you praise for using me to help build and strengthen your kingdom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment if you liked my blog or I inspired you. Also, please share my blog with your friends if you would like them to read as well.