Saturday, May 4, 2013

Great, but Exhausting Week

I have never felt more blessed by God than I did this week.  Between my two AWESOME small groups and the way God worked my week out for me, I cannot be happier or praise Him more!

The week started pretty sucky because I started getting a sore throat (which usually takes me out for  week or more). Thank God I was better enough by Tuesday to go to my PT appointment to try out the new braces and electro devices they had for me.  I was skeptical about the braces from past experience, but it actually turned out well.  I am now waiting for an appointment to have them shaped specifically for me.  The function of the brace is to help me pull the front of my foot up while I walk so that they don't drag and make me trip.

I also received an empi device for electro therapy.  It is designed to stimulate my nerves and muscles so they strengthen and respond better to the signals from my brain when I'm trying to flex my feet.  So far I have used it twice a day with some slight involuntary toe/foot movement.  Right now I  am on a trial basis with this device. If we decide it helps, hopefully my insurance will pay for it. If not, I bet it's a very very pretty penny.

In addition, I know she doesn't read this, but my therapist, Corrie, is really awesome.  I came to her this week asking about working it out for me to go to Summersville this weekend, and she worked it out with no problem! She is awesome, and God couldn't have found a better person for me to be working with right now.

Friday was a great night,  I will add the video to prove it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment if you liked my blog or I inspired you. Also, please share my blog with your friends if you would like them to read as well.