Thursday, April 25, 2013

I am a Writer

I have very recently started calling myself a writer.
Why?
As a kid I always liked to write.  I use to make up short, happy kid stories and memorize my favorite books so I could recite them anytime I wanted.  As I grew older, I became obsessed with the word "diary" and would write page after page about nonsensical activities.  I remember in 5th grade we had a weekly journaling assignment, and I actually filled my journal before the end of the school year.  In High School I took Honors' English, and then AP English, and I must say that my favorite GEC (General Education Curriculum) classes in college were the English classes.

Writing and reading had become a way of life for me.  Somewhere in this cancer battle I'm in I became depressed and could not even pick up a book to read for months.  Also, the only writing I did was note taking for church and small groups - nothing creative or lighthearted.  I use to process big emotional events by writing poems, but I couldn't even remember the last time I wrote a poem.

Until a couple days ago in the shower.  All of a sudden, God blessed me with the style and some of the lines of this masterpiece (as I am calling it).  I started writing and it was as if the poem wrote itself.  I feel that God has broken my chains and set me free through giving me this poem.
This is HIS doing, not mine.

*Deep Breath*   Well, here it is.  Please Please Please comment and let me know what you think!


Desirable Death
By Stephanie Schiffbauer-Rudash


I close my eyes and then I see
She had to die. She could not be.
Her life was short, her presence long
Listen as she sings her song


She goes to play and thinks that he
Will love all that she wants to be
The music fades - does not remain
He throws her in a pit of shame


New music starts - no, not that part!
It brings her fear, and cuts her heart
She hears it change, and hopes to be
But no, it only changes keys


A man appears and then she sees
His scars of love.  She’s on her knees
He sings a song of love so strong
It lifts her up where she belongs


She looks back down from up so high
Sees that her old self has died
Torn between the melodies
Of who she was, or now can be


The memory fades, it cannot be
But Jesus Christ stands next to me
His arms embrace. His lips will say
“Follow me. I know the way.”


His melody is full of heart
Sometimes it fades - no, not that part!
I cannot hear the sweet refrain
All I feel is shame, shame, shame


I cry and cry - sometimes for years
But then he takes away my fears
I know as long as I believe
He will indeed take care of me


*Note: I am planning on publicly sharing and writing prompts/poems/stories I complete in Google Drive. Feel free to stop by if you are interested in my stuff. the link to my DRIVE is HERE

I am praying for God to lead me in the direction He wants me to go - whether that's towards more writing or not.

1 comment:

  1. I love the poem! And I know that you can be a successful writer. Love ya

    ReplyDelete

Please comment if you liked my blog or I inspired you. Also, please share my blog with your friends if you would like them to read as well.