Friday, April 19, 2013

God Answers Prayers


This year my church is collectively studying a book called, "Ashes to Fire" through the Lenten and Easter seasons, ending at Pentecost.  In the first devotional you are asked to reflect about what your hopes are for the time spent with the book (or at least, that's how I used it).

Recently, I felt compelled to look back at my early reflections and this is what I read:

"Dear Father,
Please be with me as I study your word and grow closer to you.
I ask that you remind me not to put on a front, but to come to you empty so that you can fill me each and every day.
Please help me to desire you each day,  I don’t want to have funk days, so please help me with this, Lord, because I can’t do it without you.
Amen."

Well, friends, God has answered my prayers!  Remember my last post in which I talked about the online Bible study I am involved and how God is challenging me to let him break my walls down?  Well, as you can see, that's exactly what I prayed for in February.  Also, in the same bible study, we are talking about letting God satisfy and fill us each day.

Going back and reading my prayer from February and seeing how far I have come really blessed me.  I have been filled with the Holy Spirit all week and felt that I might touch someone by sharing this revelation.

 I've been blessed by this week's Ashes to Fire song, "He Leadeth Me."   I created a slide show to go with it so I could upload it for all of you to hear :)



Have a blessed day in the Lord! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment if you liked my blog or I inspired you. Also, please share my blog with your friends if you would like them to read as well.