Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Rest in the Lord

Yesterday was a pretty bad day.

 I went to Physical Therapy for the first time after missing a week due to a cold.  My therapist said she would take it easy on me since it was my first day back, which she did.  I, however, had other plans.  I have this mentality to push, and I sometimes work my muscles to fatigue without realizing I need to slow down.  By the time I was at my last exercise (stepping up on a stool) I wasn't managing it too well.  As I was leaving, my exhausted legs were needing more attention than I was giving... so I tripped  over my own feet and fell in the floor.  I caused a big scene, and I was (and still am) mad at myself.

I happened to have saved some of my devotional readings for after PT.  I read this, "God is superhuman, tireless, and all-powerful.  Yet what did He do after creating the world? He rested. Let that sink into your brain.  God. Rested. He didn't need to rest. but He purposefully took the time to step back, cease working. and enjoy His creation,  If an all-powerful being made time to rest, that should speak volumes to us mere mortals... You need to focus on 'human,' once in a while, and not so much on 'race.'"

Wow.

God will give us the resources, strength, and desire to accomplish what we need to accomplish.  We don't need to overwork ourselves to speed things up.  Take it from me - when you try to make things go faster than God intends, he will grab your attention, and maybe in a not so subtle way say, "SLOW DOWN."

Prayer and quiet time is the way to know God's pace.  Prayer is crucial, as we all know, but so is sitting quietly resting in His presence - allowing Him to speak to us and show us what He wants to show us.

I've realized I need to make more time for this. Do you?



 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”  Matthew 11:28-30


Book quote from: "God always has a Plan B"  There is not a specified author.

1 comment:

Please comment if you liked my blog or I inspired you. Also, please share my blog with your friends if you would like them to read as well.