Thursday, August 15, 2013

God First. Family Second. Career Third.

Hello my faithful readers.  I have been away for too long.  The truth is, I've cheated on you.  The time I would normally spend here has been replaced.  Not with bad things, but my life has been overtaken by them, and I am now realizing that I need to slow down and reincorporate time for the great stuff in my life I have left behind.

As I'm sure most of you know, I am now a Mary Kay Beauty Consultant!  I LOVE it!  But, typical for me, I have immersed myself in it.  Mary Kay is not bad by any means, and it is not bad for me - I simply need to slow down a bit so I can do other things I love as well!

Mary Kay Ash built her company on the principal, "God First. Family Second. Career Third."  I cherish that statement, but, unfortunately, I feel like I have reversed it.  What I need to do is bring my focus back to God  - not so much of God using me.  God used me even when  I didn't know I was being used.  Now, I feel like I've got a "big head" about how God is using me (like I know, right?)

So, after this week is over, I am going to S   L  O   W  down.  I am going to open up my "A Confident Heart" book again, and start over.  I am going to go to church on Sundays, and I am going to spend time with my family.  Career can't be first.  It doesn't work that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment if you liked my blog or I inspired you. Also, please share my blog with your friends if you would like them to read as well.